Hometown: Merigold, MS
BA in Public Policy Leadership (2019)
Minor in military science
JD in Law (2022)
Keveon Taylor recently graduated from law school at the University of Mississippi, where he was a member of the Black Law Students Association, Military Justice Society, Trial Advocacy Board, Negotiations Board, Dean’s Leadership Council, and the Mississippi Innocence Project.
Outside of law school, Keveon was
- Adjutant General Officer, Mississippi Army National Guard
- Speech writer for Caros Moore, President of the National Bar Association
- Law Clerk for The Cochran Firm
- Legal Assistant for Jacks Griffith Luciano
- Field Investigator for Carr Law Firm
- Firefighter and President of the Board of Directors, Lafayette County Fire Department
“Public policy leadership doesn’t teach students what to think, but rather how to think. As future leaders, it is extremely important to critically think and create efficient solutions to societal issues. Public policy leadership prepares us to do just that.
I studied public policy leadership because my end goal is to return to the Delta, practice law, and become either a judge or a state senator. The program prepared me for a career serving the public.”