Academic Program for Prospective Students
The B.A. in Public Policy Leadership requires students to complete the general education courses, major in Public Policy Leadership, and a minor field of study. Students who complete a second major have more than completed the requirement of a secondary field of study, and thus are not required to also complete a minor.
The degree sheet outlines these requirements and shows a sample four-year plan of study.
Public Policy Leadership major (Academic Year 2019-2020)
Students complete 11 PPL courses, plus Introduction to American Politics, Macroeconomics, and Microeconomics.
- Foundations of Public Policy Leadership
- Public Policy & Quantitative Analysis
- Critical Thinking, Communications & Public Policy
- Public Policy and Ethics
- Public Policy Design and Analysis
- One course in leadership/organization
- One course in a domestic policy area
- One course in an international policy area
- 3 PPL advanced electives
The UM Catalog lists the current Public Policy Leadership (PPL) courses.